Frequently Asked Questions
- WHAT LEVEL OF SPANISH DO I NEED TO HAVE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE IMMERSION?
There is no minimum level required: ALL LEVELS ARE WELCOME. We will adapt our conversation to all different levels, and each student will benefit from individual tutorials so that you can enjoy learning and improving your Spanish no matter what level you are.
- ARE THERE ANY AGE REQUIREMENTS?
All ages are welcome including families. We will organize each immersion group based on similar age range.
- DO I NEED TO BUY A TEXT BOOK?
You do not need to buy anything as we will provide all the study materials you require. For those participating in the Montserrat Immersion Experience, we recommend bringing a laptop or tablet to access digital online tools during classes at the estate.
- DO WE HAVE FREE TIME? CAN I GO SOMEWHERE ON MY OWN?
While each day will be planned with activities, you are always free to enjoy your day as you wish whether that is adventuring off on your own, or taking a day of relaxation at the estate. We only require that we can contact you in case it is necessary to advise you of something.
- IS THERE A SPECIFIC-VEGETARIAN-VEGAN MENU?
Of course! When you make your reservation, please let us know if you have any special dietary needs. We can readily provide a modified menu but require advance notice.
- WHAT CLOTHING SHOULD I BRING FOR MY TRIP?
Since clothing and footwear will vary depending on the season, we will provide you with all relevant information when you book your trip and will be available to answer any questions that arise.
***Unfortunately, due to the uneven terrain of the rural place where we will be staying, it is NOT adapted for wheelchairs or otherwise disabled people.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE:
If you’re a citizen of the European Union, we recommend you request and E-111 from your national health service which will allow you to access the Spanish health service for free (or at least with a guarantee of reimbursement when you return). Whether you elect to purchase additional travel insurance is your choice.
We advise students from all other countries to purchase comprehensive travel insurance.
BARCELONA AREA EXPERIENCE
- HOW IS PAYMENT MADE?
Payments are made by PayPal or bank transfer to a bank account number in Spain. The payment currency is Euros €.
- IS THERE A DISCOUNT WHEN SHARING A ROOM?
Yes. All prices are based on single occupancy so sharing a room can provide a discount of more than 20% off the total price. Bring a friend or family member who also wants to improve their Spanish!
- WHAT HAPPENS IN THE CASE OF CANCELLATION DUE TO THE PANDEMIC?
Regardless of when the cancellation date is, 100% of the money paid to SpanisHolidays is refunded.
- WHAT IF I AM ALREADY IN SPAIN BEFORE OR I WANT TO STAY IN SPAIN AFTER THE IMMERSION?
Spanisholidays will pick you up and drop you off at an agreed upon location that is convenient for both parties.
- TELL ME ABOUT THE SPANISH CLASSES DURING THE TRIP.
All classes will be taught by Antonio based on the level of the class, and there will be individual daily tutorials with other native teachers. You will also be able to have conversations in Spanish during the day with the tutors as well as your fellow travelers.
- WHAT ARE THE ROOMS LIKE?
The Barcelona Immersion Experience takes place in a beautiful rustic setting, with free WiFi and comfortable air-conditioned rooms. Not all rooms have a private bathroom so the first to register will be the first to get a private bathroom. The rooms do not have television.
DESIGN YOUR OWN PRIVATE TOUR
- WHAT ARE THE DATES OF THESE TRIPS?
365 days a year.
- HOW DO I LEARN SPANISH WHILE TRAVELING?
There is no better way to learn a language than to be immersed in real life experience 24 hours a day, while speaking that language. Additionally, there will be a daily Spanish class where all questions can be answered, ambiguities can be clarified, and knowledge can be expanded.
- ARE THE ITINERARIES FIXED?
No, they are flexible! We can change the itinerary at any time!
Once you decide where in Spain you would like to travel, we will work with you to determine the route, accommodations, transportation, places to visit and activities to do. We will design a preliminary plan and budget and then will seek your input to finalize the details base on what you would like. However, once we are traveling, if you prefer to go somewhere else, we can be flexible assuming it’s possible. The advantage of having a PRIVATE TEACHER GUIDE is that everything is custom designed to your desire while also remaining flexible.
- IS THERE ANY FLEXIBILITY OF THE DATES IF I WANT TO STAY LONGER?
Absolutely. If you would like to extend your stay, it can readily be arranged.
- WHAT SERVICES DO YOU PROVIDE?
– Travel planning including: Cultural, historical and natural places of interest; regional cuisine and gastronomy; local culture and entertainment including music, dance and art.
– Booking of accommodations, transportation, and places to visit that require tickets.
– Spanish classes including individual tutorials.
– Providing information and support as needed.
–Maintaining the safety, health and comfort of the students.
– Information and constant advice.
- CAN SPANISHOLIDAYS DESIGN A DIFFERENT EXCLUSIVE TRIP?
We can design your dream trip whenever you’re ready! Let us know where you’d like to go and we will design a proposal that is fun, interesting and fairly priced. Travel à la carte: where, how, and when you want. Let SpanisHolidays make your dreams of Spain come true!